Transit Bus Driver - Deadline: Open until filled
Responsible for transporting people from one place to another for work, errands, school, or other reasons. Takes fares from passengers, announces routes, and ensures passengers get out safely.Primary Responsibilities
- Must be willing to work with the public.
- Transport people from one place to another on a transit bus.
- Operate bus by applying brakes, starting and stopping engine.
- Drive passengers on a demand response route
- Drive through traffic and obey traffic laws.
- Deal with unruly passengers.
- Stop frequently, often only a few blocks apart and when a passenger requests a stop.
- Collect fares and issue change.
- Answer questions about schedules, routes, and transfer points.
- Report accidents or other traffic disruptions to a central dispatcher, and follow directions when using an alternate route.
- Assist disabled passengers.
- Be able to work a wheelchair lift and properly secure a wheelchair in place.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and oil and do other basic maintenance.
- Follow state and federal transit regulations.
- Keep passengers informed of delays.
- Must be willing to attend trainings required for the job.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Must possess a Valid New Mexico’s Driver License or the ability by the date of hire
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must pass random/pre-employment Drug/Alcohol Testing
- CDL is being requested or the ability to get one within a timely manner
Applications may be picked up at Village Hall, the Carrot Express office, or downloaded by clicking the link in the left sidebar. All applications must be returned to Village Hall, 623 Uranium Avenue, Milan, NM 87021. The Village of Milan is an equal opportunity employer.